We moved from Pasadena to Vegas with 6 month old twin boys. This is our story.



Friday, August 27, 2010

Is the pooh bear belly a gift with purchase? Can I return it without a reciept?

Having twins and becoming a new mom is quite a shock both emotionally and physically. I tried to develop new hobbies early on to serve as outlets for my stress. My favorites so far are eating, snacking, noshing, grazing and nibbling.

I have a couple of twin mom friends. When we are out and about and meet another "new" twin mom, we quickly assess her. Does she seem cool, easy going, not too skinny. You know, the usual stuff anyone would look at. Even though I have done nothing to lose baby weight - and I mean nothing, no working out, dieting, not even pretend dieting- I am still bitter when I see another "new" mom skinnier than me.

I really thought that my stomach would disappear more on its own after giving birth. While I wasn't thin before getting pregnant, my one savings was that I did not have a stomach. I assumed that it was genetics and post baby genetics would take over. Not! I have two pairs of non-maternity pants that I can wear. Two. Can you imagine only have two pairs of pants in your wardrobe.

The funny thing is, I am still not a 100% motivated to lose weight. I have gotten used to dresses and skirts, and I still love my food. I know at some point I will have to get more serious, but there is too much going on already. New home, new city, new job, new babes.

Also, I do still secretly hope that one morning I will wake up and my stomach will be gone.

1 comment:

  1. I empathize with that!! Ever since motherhood, I had a terribly hard time giving up food. :p Something about not sleeping enough, I think. And the motivation just isnt there. P.S. - thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete