We moved from Pasadena to Vegas with 6 month old twin boys. This is our story.



Friday, May 11, 2012

Where's my mother's day?

Mother's day is fast approaching.  I can't believe this will be my third mother's day.  Of course, for the first one the boys where only four months old and I was exhausted and delirious.  I don't even remember celebrating for myself, much the less celebrating for my own mom, grandmother, mother-in-law or step-mother.  My guess, is that I took a good nap that day while husband watched the boys.  I really don't even remember what we did last year.  This year, I will never forget.

This will be my first mother's day without my mom.  Of course she will be with me all day in memory, but I still can't believe she won't answer the phone when I call with well wishes (or complaints about the boys or husband as she always listened to those too).  I know the boys do not understand mother's day yet, but they do know what it means to be nice, give hugs and kisses, help clean up and let's make something for mommy.  I am so lucky to have them and will treasure every minute with them (even during the nap I have already scheduled for the day), but I will be sad that my mom is not hear to celebrate and get her hugs and kisses.  We will wish her a happy mother's day and I just hope she is listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment